05 January, 2009

Baby, Baby, Baby


So the news of the day is that Kathryn had her baby... Kathryn is my best friend.  I don't use that term lightly... During highschool i had several 'best friends', it wasn't till i met K and became friends with her that i understood true friendship.  She didn't judge me, she loved me unconditionally, she was honest with me...  It's hard to keep up a quality friendship long distance, sometimes i wonder if she still considers me her best friend, but I know that i'm a part of her life, and her family in a way few other people are.  When i was in the states her sister introduced me to ppl as her sister.  And when she told me about the baby today, she said i was an Aunty, again... 
There's a bond there that time and distance can not sever, and I love that. 

So baby Jahare was born on the 1st, he is waiting to be named, apparently he is going to choose a name tomorrow... we'll see.  I've decided to head up there on the 24th for a week, its been 7.5 yrs, i can't tell you how scared and excited i am.  I have been wanting to jump out of my skin tonight. 

I don't have a picture of the baby yet, i'm sure they'll be plentiful once i've been.  

But my photo for today is a picture of my best friend.  The most beautiful, amazing person I know...  And the person in this world I daily thank God for...  And when I see the southern cross in the sky I ALWAYS say hi to her and blow a kiss...  Just so I remember all that she means to me...  Not that i could ever forget... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home