04 January, 2009

Yes man

I know i'm naughty for not writing yesterday, third day in and i can't keep up... it can only go down from here coz i start work tomorrow! But i'm hoping... The silly thing is i literally did nothing yesterday... i watched TV, read, did stuff on the computer with my photos. but didn't go out or anything. So i have no excuse for not writing. I did however have a topic...

I saw yes man the other night (Friday) and early on in the movie, Suraj (who i was there with - obviously) asked if i thought i was a 'yes man'. I said it depended on the circumstances, but i think generally yes. He asked if i thought he was, and i asked if he thought he was...

But now i'm wondering, am I really a yes man? In the movie its represented as saying yes to EVERYTHING. And if you say no all these terrible things happen. I wouldn't say I'm a yes man to that extent, but I reckon i'm pretty open to new experiences. I often use lack of funds as an excuse not to do things, but that's not right, that really isn't a good enough excuse.

So the long and the short of it is that this year, or even over the next couple months I need to a. be more aware of what i say no to, and b. say yes to more things that come my way. It can't hurt right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home